Sunday, July 22, 2007

Magical Fun Day

Last Saturday, the event that took more than 3 months of planning and prepration was finally executed. It's the largest event for my company's Sports & Social Club headed by yours truly since it involved not only our employees but their family members as well. This kind of event is commonly known as Family Day but as not to offend our single employees, we decided to name it Magical Fun Day instead. Our event took up the entire LG Floor of Cineleisure, Mutiara Damansara to accomodate nearly 600 people.

Loads of fun-filled activities and entertainment were made available for adults and kids from Walk Hunt, game stalls, petting zoo and stage games with over 200 prizes given away on that day. Celebrity MC on that day, Naz of My Australian Advanture tv program did a great job coordinating the stage games and the crowd entertained but what I noticed the most was his peculiar laugh. I am already considering him as MC for our Annual Dinner & Dance in November.
All photos are by Roland Hashim

The finale of the day was watching movies Harry Potter and Surf's Up where 3 cinema halls was reserved for this. I am never a fan of Harry Potter, the book series what more the movies, so I opted to take a nap during the remaining one and half hour of the movie. After the movie ended, we revealed the last surprise to the employees and their families. We had placed lucky draw envelopes under the movie seats and I remembered the suprise look on their faces when we asked them to remain in their seats at the end of the movie and check for an envelope under their seats. It was absolutely thrilling.....

I am relief this is over after sleepless nights worrying about the event. But I am thankful for the support and commitment given by my committee members in making realizing this event. Although there were some issues cropped up at the last minute especially from the Cineleisure Management who decided to impose some ridiculous restrictions and requests at the last minute at our expense, we managed to iron it out. Although this is over, I am now already working on the project timeline for our next event, Motor Hunt which is about a month away. Since I will be on leave for more than a week next month, got to leave some 'amanat' to my committee members to do the follow ups. We have unofficially informed the employees about this upcominng event and they are excited about it. Hopefully this one will be another success for our Sports & Social Club.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!

Nurul Abid said...

Zal - am so relief it's over with positive feedback from the employees

Rush Murad said...

Nurul, u've been tagged..... check my blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shahril aley said...

wah bestnye ur magical fun day. tahniah la nurul ;)