Friday, November 03, 2006

Open House @ Armanee


From left : Alymiey, Nurul, Rush, Airry

Alhamdulillah, syukur kerana majlis rumah terbuka yang diadakan pada Oktober 31, 2006 berjalan dengan lancar. Majlis diadakan di event hall Armanee Condominium, Damansara Damai where Liza (my eldest sister) has a condo unit. Kalau nak buat at her condominium herself or my apartment di Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam memang tak muat to fill all the guests. I was very pleased that majoriti tetamu jemputan yang terdiri daripada close family and friends dan bloggers dapat hadir termasuk a Sarawakian friend yang dah about 3 years aku tak jumpa.

Early bird guests yang sampai were fellow bloggers - Rush, Xis and Rush's friends, Almiey and Airry (Hope I got their names right). I wasn't expecting guests to arrive till 8 p.m. tapi about 7.40 p.m. I received a call from Xis asking for direction as they were already nearby sedangkan aku masih tengah taking my own sweet time bersolek and yet to get dressed. By the time I reached the event hall, they were waiting in the car at the carpark. Felt so guilty making them wait instead of aku yang menyambut mereka. When they came out of the car, immediately, I could easily recognized Rush as he looked exactly like his pics, just that didn't expect him to be that tall. I couldn't tell which one was Xis and when I asked, Rush suruh aku main teka-teka pula. Sukar jugak nak cam sebab his pics on his blog tak terang and if I heard correctly, when Xis called he introduced himself as Nik. Itu yang confused sekejap.

Baru nak mula bersembang dengan mereka, aku sudah mula menerima panggilan telefon dari guests yang lain meminta road direction ke majlis open house dan had to leave the table several times untuk menyambut mereka. Terkilan juga sebab tak dapat hold decent conversations with them to get to know them better without being interrupted by calls from other guests asking for road directions. Tambahan pula, bila friends yang lain mula sampai, naturally banyaklah perkara yang nak diperbualkan dan layanan and attention pun had to be divided amongst all the guests. Hopefully, in future all of us including bloggers yang tidak dapat hadir dapat meet up and get to know each other better. Dalam pada itu, as I expected, timbul juga soalan cepumas dari a few relatives and friends. Those singles will know apa soalan cepumas itu. Eventhough I told them the honest truth pun, masih ada yang speculate juga.

Anyway, menu that night mainly consisted of typical Raya dishes - lemang and rendang, nasi impit with kuah lodeh and sambal, and other dishes - chinese fried rice, asam laksa, roti jala and kari ayam, satay and kuah kacang, cucur badak, fruit tartlet and kordial and tea as drinks. The food was catered from this caterer I hired whenever I organize functions which involved makan-makan in my previous company. I was relieved that the guests including my relatives commented that the food served was delicious although aku sempat merasa dua cucuk satay dan dua potong lemang dan rendang sahaja. Itu pun sempat makan bila most of guests dah pulang.

As Rush and the gang about to leave, I gave badam potong for Rush, Xis and Tyah seorang satu bekas as diorang pernah cakap nak merasa kuih tu. So, bila orang dah berhajat, aku cuba tunaikan mana yang mampu. Insyaallah, sampailah hajat Tyah nak merasa bila Rush pulang ke Miri nanti. Aku buat additional badam potong ni a day before I came back to KL/Shah Alam. Merata juga aku mencari a couple of bahan-bahan kuih ni di TI sebab dah out of stock at most kedai dan supermarket, maklumlah most of them do not replenish the stock selepas Ramadhan. Alhamdulillah, memang rezeki mereka, akhirnya aku jumpa bahan-bahan tu.

Majlis ended at around 11 p.m. and by the time I reached home it was almost 2 a.m. Aku ucapkan terima kasih kepada all the guests yang sudi hadir walaupun majlis diadakan in the middle of the week and most of them had to work the following day. To Helen, thank you sebab unexpectedly bagi ole-ole - I truly appreciate it. Aku juga ingin meyusun sepuluh jari meminta maaf kalau ada cacat cela, terkurang, terlebih, tersilap bicara atau terkasar bahasa sepanjang majlis yang tak seberapa tu.

Kepada Shahril, another blogger who was invited, I am touched with your politeness making courtesy call and sending SMSes apologizing for not being able to attend. To other bloggers yang tak dapat hadir juga, kalau panjang umur dan diizinkan Allah, insyaalah kita akan dapat bertemu suatu hari nanti.

14 comments:

Nurul Abid said...

Pap, Xis, Rush & Azer - You guys may be wondering what has happened to your comments posted for this entry, but somehow rather, I accidentally deleted the original posting instead of the dummy entry whilst trying to copy and paste the pic link and republish the pic. Sedihnya..........as I truly value your comments.

perjalanan hidup said...

nak komen lagi? mana peginya yang sorang lagi tu?

Xis said...

Nurul
gosh.. not only my pic kena delete.. my comment pun kena delete gak ke? sedey..! heheh.. just kidding.. Your pic version is just the same as mine.. I pun delete yang on your right tu.. just about to send it to you when I discovered this new pic.

Xis said...

Nurul
err.. just wonder.. what did Rush say in his comment?

ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...

human error, nurul! nak buat mcm mana! next year, siap2 kanlah invite untuk i pulak so that i can plan my flight. hehe...

perjalanan hidup said...

kak. kalo remove 2 lagi pengapit dalam gambar tu lagi cun la.

Nurul Abid said...

Pap - now u c, now u don't......mcm entry chipsmore Rush....he2x. Startlah 2 nak speculate....meh sini kite pulas telinga 2.

Xis - mula-mula 2 nak smudge the photo tapi nanti u nampak macam ghostly figure je kat sebelah I. I am relieve that we thought of doing the same thing. Great minds think alike. M sure u have ur own personal reason to remain anonymous.

What Rush said in his comment? Can't recall the exact words but the gist of it - commented I am tall & slim (tak sia-sia my diet plan :)), asked whether my sis is single, thank me 4 my hospitality, complimented the food that night, his mom said my badam potong sedap, told me he was in Indonesia at that time & asked me to send pic from that night. I think that's about it.

Shah - Insyaallah, I will let u guys know in advance. Tapi next time I make sure all my friends/bloggers sit at the same table or have a separate occasion amongst bloggers aje. Maybe kat Rebung, Restoran Rahsia ke, Restoran Tupai2 ke...

Xis said...

Nurul
Rush asked about your sis??!! Hmm.. Yeah.. that badam potong is sedappp! I better look ghostly rather than invisible.. :) hikss..

Nurul Abid said...

Xis - kenapa you sounded shocked? Tak percaya ke?:). I was in dilemma whether I should remove u completely from the pic or smudge ur pic or what. Was not sure how anonymous u wanted 2 b and at the same time I didn't want my entry left without pic as well.

Anonymous said...

terkejut gak pasal u posted gambar dgn muke betoi xis. pasal xis ni boleh dikire misteri gak. klu tak percaya u tgk blog die smue pics mesti blurred. kalau clear pun gambar tu mesti tak de kepala. oleh itu i gelarkan XIS-MISTERI

Nurul Abid said...

Shahril - I didn't know Xis then and innocently ler posted the pic. Sekarang ni, u can't c Xis's face kan?

Anonymous said...

memang skrg ni i tak boleh tgk muke xis clearly in ur blog but i memang dah tgk pic with his full face. so klu jumpe pun dah tak payah nak teka. takpe ok gak guessing for first meeting.

Anonymous said...

yeahhhh............. my pic dah ada balik..... i look tall and slightly 'big' or buncit?... yup, that was after heavy delicious meal at Nurul's..... jadi buncit..

Nurul Abid said...

Shahril - glad the pic thingy has been sorted out.

Rush - U don't look tall, u r tall. Buncit 2 bukan even b4 the meal at my open house ker? :)