Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Fine Sunday

It has been a hell of a week, working late nights at the office for the last 2 weeks resulting an impulsive act of cutting my hair. Thank God my girlfriends were not there, otherwise they would have stopped me like they did in my past attempts. The initial plan was to stop at Midvalley last Wednesday after work to get some stuff but when I passed A Cut Above, like a robot or zombie, I walked into the salon and told the senior stylist that I wanted to get a haircut to a certain length and I left it to his expertise to advise the style. The end result, love it!
Just when I thought my late nights at the office was finally over, I was told last Friday evening to help prepare a proposal and presentation for a management meeting today. Aaargh....so, there I was spending my weekend at the office for a discussion and completing the presentation. In spite of that, I managed to squeeze in time for family and friends including meeting a fellow blogger for the very first time.

After spending a few hours of my Sunday morning giving the finishing touch to the proposal, I took the Putra LRT from my office to KL Sentral where we initially agreed to meet for lunch at 12.30 p.m. Got there just on time and sent him an sms that I was waiting for him at the information counter. He instead had arrived much earlier and asked to meet at Secret Recipe and looked for one wearing a white shirt. Thank God there were only a few diners at Secret Recipe and I immediately noticed a guy wearing a white shirt at one of the tables. Tak syak lagi, memanglah Dirtypap. As I extended my hand to shake his hand, I was not sure whether I should address him by his moniker but he quickly introduced himself by his real name. He gave me a souvenier specially brought from Labuan, two boxes of chocolates. Rasa segan ada jugak sebab I didn't have anything to give him in return.

Topic of our conversation circled around the normal get-to-know-each-other Q & A especially about him since Dirtypap has been keeping his identity on his blog anonymous. Undeniably, I did imagine how he would be like in person and some does fit the mental picture I had of him in a positive manner but it never crossed my mind that he works as a ........... and he gave me his business card to prove it, not that I did not believe him. Our meeting lasted for an hour as he had to catch a 2 p.m. bus to Genting. It was brief but I think it's a pleasant experience to finally got the chance to meet face-to-face and get to know him better. Hopefully it will not be the last.....

No comments: