Sunday, December 24, 2006

Lambaian Cairo ex Dubai

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breaking, it's early morn'
The taxi's waiting, he's blowing his horn

Already I'm so lonesome I could die


So kiss me and smile for me

Tell me that you'll wait for me

Hold me like you'll never let me go

'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane

I don't know when I'll be back again


Just like the starting of Chantal Kreviazuk's Leaving On A Jet Plane, I am all set for Dubai, leaving on a jet plane at 0030 hours before flying off to Cairo on Dec 28. Preparation for this trip is the same as my other previous trips except kali ini kena bawa baju tebal. It's not-summer season di Cairo where temperature could go as low as 7 degrees Celcius and maximum 20 degrees Celcius. A good time to travel there.

I started my packing last Friday night. As usual memang konon-kononnya nak travel light tapi I always end up packing more clothes than I actually need. Most of the time ada yang tak dipakai langsung, I call it emergency clothings (or maybe just an excuse!). Anyhoots, I am carrying max two bags, a trolley bag and a backpack. Whilst packing, berbalas-balas SMS sekejap with Yusran, a 'thirsty' traveller currently travelling with Zura (his wife cum one of my usual travelling buddies) to Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam and China for a month. Yes, you read me right, a month! Aaaargghhh...best nyer!

22-Dec-06 11.11 p.m.
Hi Nurul, Grub Gott. Truly forgotten about Arabic CD titles as I was so busy with work till just b4 left 4 KLIA. Fr sea we r headin 2 the mountains SAPA via Lao Cai (near China). Appreciate if u cud get latest 5 CDs fr 1)NANCY AJRAM 2)AMR DIAB & 3 other singers. Willing to spend RM200. Sorry to trouble u. Danke schon.

22-Dec-06 11.16 p.m.
OMG - sounds adventurous n interesting. The other 3 CDs r 4 which singer?

22-Dec-06 11.25 p.m.
Just grab based on their Top 10 which had the longest run in terms of popularity. Kalau dapat beli music DVD ciplak lagi bagus. BTW, my Yang is already zzz we r in the overnite train. VIET Train r not as sophiscated as the sleeping berth in China or even KTM

22-Dec-06 11.30 p.m.
Wokey - she must b dead beat. What r u doing still up? Not sophisticated. That's the interesting part of travelling, isn't it? I tgh packing my stuff 4 my trip.

23-Dec-06 8.00 a.m.
Arrived safely in Lao Cai. The temp is below 10C. Ahlan Wasalan.

23-Dec-06 8.08 a.m.
Alhamdulillah..hope u guys hav clothes 2 keep u warm. Expecting that kind of temp in cairo esp at night.

On Saturday, I ran a few more last minute errands. Pagi-pagi ke Taman Tun Dr Ismail to collect sambal tumis Kak Nor yang Liza pesan and whilst at it, stopped by at Maxis centre to configure my mobile phone MMS setting. Since I changed from Nokia N70 to Sony Ericsson K750i a few months ago, the MMS setting has not been working properly. Rupa-rupanya ada masalah dengan my SIM card and it was changed and configured in 15 minutes. Superb and prompt service because ada orang dalam kat situ.

Headed to Kema's place for brunch with Mak and in the afternoon ke KLCC to shop some trivial stuff but ended spending more than I planned/should at La Senza. The price slash and sales offer there was just to tempting for me to ignore. Sebelum balik, exchange Malaysian Ringgit into UAE Dirham and once in Dubai, I'll exchange some into US Dollar and Egyptian Pound.

Now the final hours, going through my checklist to make sure I do not leave out anything important:-
  • E-ticket print out
  • Passport
  • International driving license
  • Travel journal
  • Books to read in the plane
  • iPod
  • Camera
  • Shopping list from relatives and friends
OK, I have to shut down now as I have to leave for the airport in an hour or so. Thanks to those who smsed, called and personally wished and prayed for my safe journey and return. If everything goes well as planned and I return home safely, there will be an entry and pics on my trip, insyaallah.....I am now leaving you with a song from Amr Diab - Tamally Maak.


6 comments:

Harajuku PearL said...

Take care and take lots of pics ya....

Pearl & Pato

Nurul Abid said...

Pearl - thanks. Will definitely take loads of pics.

zali said...

wow... best nyer berjalan... hey... nanti buat travel report yer... me planning to go there maybe end of next year insyaAllah...

Xis said...

Nurul
enjoy your trip okay.. my regards to your sis.. and yr mom as well. And ohh.. Tamally Maak is my fav song, and Amr Diab is one of my fav singer.

Azhar Ahmad said...

Wahhh trip to dubai! The Most Expensive Environment City in the World!!!

Nurul Abid said...

Zali - u meant Cairo yer? Insyaallah, will definitely post an entry on it? Year end pleasant time to go tapi sejuuuukkkkk....

Xis - thanks...my sis tak sihat tapi my mum ok. Kadang-kadang best juga dengar lagu Arab ni.

Azhar - Sapa ni yer but thanks for dropping by. Tak boleh tengok your profile ler. Actually, my ultimate trip is to Cairo tapi stop kat Dubai sekejap to meet up with rombongan ke Cairo.